Sunday 13 November 2011

Christmas is almost here... Pt.1

I have been busy sat in my sewing room almost all weekend, singing christmas songs to my hearts content whilst working on some decorations to take to my first craft fair next weekend. 

Firstly, I can't quite believe how quickly christmas is coming, although I haven't yet seen the Coca-Cola advert yet, so in my world, there's still time to prepare. I'm thinking of getting a lot of my gifts from Folksy this year, support the local craft community, whilst getting some lovely one off gifts... but I better get my act in gear.

Secondly, I can't believe the fact that despite 'Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer', being my ultimate song choice for this weekend, I have not yet made any reindeers, and I have tons of red buttons just crying out to be privileged enough to be his nose... he will be here soon, I'm sure.... 

So here's a peek of what I have completed already... (some of you may have already seen it on my fb page http://www.facebook.com/groups/271699299536585/



At first I was super excited about my wreath idea, but 5 hours later, I wasn't feeling it so much, however I am happy with the overall effect. How could I not be, look at all those buttons!


I love this little fella however, I had the idea of putting yarn legs onto birds ages ago, and am so glad it worked out well...


 The christmas tag that doubles up as a decoration, I'm a fan of anything that is 
dual purpose for prettiness!


Trying to be arty... it didn't succeed...


...but I do like the overall effect, I probably won't be stuffing the letters in future this one is a one off, but I love the snowflake sequins, they look so pretty when they catch the light. Am currently working on a 'merry christmas' version, but thought I would save that for part 2. 
I am currently making these to order, any colours catered for. If you want something that you don't have to take down in January, why not think of a word that means something to you? 

2 comments:


  1. Romain Jerome colors the silicon in a few forms, but rolex replica sale the blue dials are perhaps the closest to what people tend to associate with the element. I have to admit that it is very cool to replica watches sale see silicon used as an aesthetic element in a luxury watch. The dials are undeniably cool, and rolex replica uk in addition to the blue silicon dials, the Romain Jerome 1969 Heavy Metal collection includes a gray and brown rolex replica sale colored set of silicon dials. Against the spacey design of the 1969 cases they look pretty slick, and with the applied hour markers and hands the dials further enjoy a healthy degree of legibility. Technically speaking, the 1969 rolex replica sale case is part of the Romain Jerome Moon DNA collection.

    ReplyDelete