Sunday 27 November 2011

The first craft fair...

So I spent all day a week ago on Saturday sewing, I made cushions, I made decorations and I packed them all up into a washing basket to cart with me to Ticknall Village hall for my first craft fair, I went with my crafting friend Natalie of Bespoke Name Paintings and our products seemed to work really well together, although perhaps we could have done with a bigger table...



Bespoke Name Painting on facebook http://www.facebook.com/groups/143427215675724/
on the web http://bespokenamepaintings.webs.com/
Nat will be guest blogging for me very soon, so keep your eyes peeled folks!

I had no reason to be nervous, the people were really lovely and very complimentary on my items, the robins and hearts went down especially well. The small initial cushion was snapped up by a lovely little girl called Elise, who popped it straight into her dollies pushchair.





We were sat on a table next to a lady with lovely stuffed sock rabbits, cats and squirrels, amongst some of the creatures she had created, they were fab, but unfortunately cut into our takings somewhat as a few did end up coming home with us. They look great though so I really want to have a go myself. Apologies for the blurry photo, my computer took this one!




The only disappointment of the day was the low footfall for the venue, we had so few people coming in which was a real shame... We'll be back there early next year, so hopefully the weather will be brighter and more people will head on down to see us. Until then we have our next event at Bedworth Rugby Club on the 9th December from 7pm-9pm, it's going to be very festive and there is even talk of mulled wine, so if you're in the area, let me know!

http://www.gumtree.com/p/community/festive-fayre-pamper-evening/88617802

No comments:

Post a Comment