Tuesday 20 December 2011

"Christmas Time....


....Mistletoe & Wine.... "

(No I am not a Cliff Richard fan, but whenever I think of Christmas I do end up with a classic Christmas tune in my head) The most popular choices this year have been 'Walking in a Winter Wonderland', and 'Let it Snow, Let it Snow, Let it Snow', I wonder if this is what prompted my other half to choose this very sweet card for me this year...


Slightly more civilised than my choice I'm sure...


So it's not a sewing blog today, but a Christmas Decoration one instead, as I've been so busy completing orders, and there is a limit to how many personalised cushions a girls can show you, these two below are two of my favourites, I am possibly swayed however by the names slightly, Grace is a name I have shortlisted should I ever be fortunate enough to have a little girl.



I haven't got too excited with my decorations this year as we have decided to travel about and not use our house as the central hub for social events, we needed a year off! So we just have our tree, a few bits and our cards, it's making me feel festive enough, especially at one point I was certain this the entire celebration would pass me by... The Christmas Carol Concert at school soon put paid to that!

Every year I get super excited by our Christmas Tree, mainly because I forget what I have sale hunted the year before, but also because my Christmas tree is so fabulously kitsch! (One my friends who if she is reading this, I know will be cringing right now as she HATES that word, but there really is no other choice!) 

This is my absolute favourite decoration, it was from my parents first tree, and anyone who knows me will know that I have a little bird obsession, to the point where my friends call my house an aviary! Each year it gets pride of place near the top of tree...



I have a slight obsession with all things retro, hence the white tree, but also the reason for these what can only be described as fabulous glass decorations...




This is the latest decoration, it came back from New York for me this year with my brother, I have worn converse since I was about 15, so obviously this was deemed appropriate for me, I do think my brother and his girlfriend thought I wouldn't put it on the tree, but there it is, right slap bang in the middle, the glitter catches the fairy light twinkle beautifully :D

(I did tell her to look out for it in my blog as proof it would be there!)



Any crafter has got to be feeling some love for Cath Kidston, and my tree does pay homage to the woman, who lets face it, along with Kirsty Allsopp, played a huge part in making crafts cool again. How could I not?


The icing on any persons tree, has to be whatever they choose to adorn the top, I have a beautiful fairy, again taken from my parents first tree, I love her...



My latest obsession however has to be all things Scandi, if I win the lottery, Sweden would be my choice of residence for a while, I just loved it so much there! We visited Stockholm in October last year, and I just love the little trolls they sell there, we recently had this little lady hand delivered from Sweden, I have named her 'Tack', to go with my little boy trolls 'Ej' and 'Nej'.


I'm going to leave you with this Christmas card, it was made a few years ago by one of my super talented friends, her illustrations are just quite frankly AWESOME!
(You can see what else she does here http://lynseygray.blogspot.com/)









FINALLY I WOULD JUST LIKE TO TAKE THIS CHANCE TO SAY.... 


HAVE A VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS Y'ALL!!!

1 comment:

  1. Love all your decorations! I feel a bit sad this year as we don't have any decorations :( I had a box of xmas stuff packed ready to go in the car (we just moved back to the UK from France) but alas, the stuff was up to the roof and something had to give and it was the box of tree decs! So, I have been attempting to cobble some candles and bits together this week and my Dad is bringing some evergreens from his garden tomorrow. Once the table is laid it will look more festive I hope! :) Joyeux Noel to you and yours xx

    ReplyDelete