Sunday 4 March 2012

Felt Birthday gifts...

Happy Birthday to me.....

Ok, so 1. My birthday was weeks ago... and 2. I'm not quite so self obsessed I would actually write myself a birthday blog. However I did throw myself a little party and as a result got some pretty cool presents...

As I am (even more rapidly it seems) approaching 30, it seems perfectly acceptable to continue partying like its 1989, when I would have been... oh 5. So in true 5 year old spirit we play silly party games including pass the parcel and pin the tail on the donkey, only we also include alcohol. It's always a lot of fun!

So imagine my delight when my friend Charlotte, who is a regular at my sewing sessions, and at my parties, who also featured on my last post with her cat nip fishing rod, presented me with this....




It really is pin the tail on the donkey in felt! What an absolutely amazing idea, I'm not sure I would want to trust actual 5 year olds with said pins, but it was an inspired choice of present, needless to say I loved it! I also love the fact she supplied me with multicoloured pins so that we could each have our own colour... She thought it all out brilliantly!

As over the moon as I was with that, imagine my delight as I continued to rifle through my bag of goodies to discover a felt badge, made following my first (and as yet only, I will try to fix this soon though!) tutorial on here, fittingly in the shape of a bird, because, well I like them, quite a lot!




Fabulous presents Charlotte, Thank You! 



1 comment:

  1. Happy belated bday to you! Sounds like a fab party! You've got to embrace your inner child from time to time. I watched my Never Ending Story Blu-Ray last night and my Fraggles boxset today :D

    I was at a toddler's bday party the other year and was amazed to see that they deliberately stopped the music on pass the parcel so each child got a gift. Surely that's not right? I don't remember it being like that when I was little - you either were lucky or you weren't! Teaches you about the randomness of life IMO ;)

    ReplyDelete